One of my favorite travel blogs, Entouriste, always features beautiful, dreamy photo stories about locations all over the world, so I was thrilled to have my story about Connemara in western Ireland picked up. See it here.
Speaking of favorite travel websites, here are few others that I’m always checking out:
1. Afar Magazine: The online platform for this gorgeous glossy allows users to upload individual “Highlights” from their travels. These highlights can also be compiled into “Wanderlists” for different locations and themes – a feature I’ve used to plan my last two vacations and find more off-the-beaten-track recommendations.
2. Travel Hacking Cartel: Subscribe to this service and receive notices on how to accumulate more frequent flier miles. The Cartel guarantees you will earn 100,000 miles per year without having to sign up for credit cards (though these notices are also included). I’ve been a member for 3 months and so far I’m on track!
3. Fathom: Quirky travel stories, random recommendations. ‘Nuff said.
4. Classe Touriste: I follow a lot of travel blogs and websites, but this blog by photographers Debbie Pappyn and David de Vleeschauwer is by far the best. The photographs are absolutely stunning, every time.
5. Travelzoo: I write about this website all the time – I’m obviously obsessed. $200 to Puerto Rico? $350 to Costa Rica? $500 to Istanbul? Yes, all on Travelzoo. Sign up for their weekly travel alerts to get the BEST. DEALS. EVER. It looks like they have international versions of the site, too.